[NTLK] newton network nonsense

From: emccaughan <emccaughan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 08:38:56 EDT

NIE is teh wobbly!

My newt doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet and I can't
quite work out why. Using ethernet, wireless and possibly bluetooth (the
bluetooth could be screwing up for other reasons) it can connect to
stuff on the local network like the router ok, but if it tries to
connect to something on the internet like google or newtontalk it gets
stuck at "connecting to <whatever>" and then drops out.

Courier flashes an error really quick at this point which I can't catch,
although PT100 just calls it a timeout.

doing the same on a desktop works fine, so its definitely the newton.

some random bits
-I've tried reinstalling NIE, but how do you remove the soup settings?
(and would that help?)
-its not dns, giving it the ip address doesn't help either
-it's a newt 2100 with NIE 2.0

any clues anyone?

or any useful details I left out that would help?

Edward McCaughan