Re: [NTLK] Paying for Dashboard

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 00:36:56 EDT

Hey, if you're in Ireland you should be asleep!!!

Anyway, I'm not sure what the bottleneck is; perhaps those more technically
inclined could contribute here.

I know that it takes 3-4 minutes for me to back up my eight hundred entry names
database to a flashcard so perhaps it is a combination of CPU speed and
read/write speeds to storage?

Yes it is sad that there is no further development of the newton hardware
technology but that doesn't mean to say that the current design doesn't have a
lot of utility. I still use it 90% of the time for my time management and
journaling activities. For other activities such as spreadsheeting I find using
a keyboard more effective and I'm reluctant to plug in the keyboard because the
serial port is known to be easily damaged.

May be the new version of blunt might allow a Bluetooth keyboard to be
connected.

For long reports, I use the PC because I can dictate the document directly using
a headset microphone.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]

are you SERIOUS about it being impossible! that's terrible! I was
hoping for a moderate browsing experience where i could at least
download light pages like macrumors. It very depressing really that a
device such as this managed to get cancelled by SJ. it's not really
fair. the world needs the newton.
[snip]