Re: [NTLK] What's Internet Browsing Like?

From: Andrew Smallshaw <andrews_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 15:42:53 EDT

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:24:10AM +0100, Stephen Chan wrote:
> can anyone vouch for the browsing experience on a newton with a
> wavelan Gold on a MP2100. I'm a little excited about getting mine
> tommorrow (although the wavalan isn't coming til next week)... but as
> someone said, I shouldn't get my hopes up.
>
> does anyone have any tips to improve the MP2100's usefulness as a web
> browsing handheld??

In addition to the comments others have already made, another option I
prefer is to telnet into a Unix box and use Links from there. You're
limited to text-mode only but secure connections, frames and other elements
that can cause problems are all doable.

I've been meaning to try using an X based graphical browser with VNC,
but haven't got around to that yet. I should think that would be quite
usuable with the proviso a fast connection would be required.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org