Re: [NTLK] Mad Newton

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 21:57:27 EDT

On 8/11/06, David Schlachter <davids_newton@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> You could get a headphone jack installed by Ferdi- aka Knowledge
> Navigator- at his site, http://newtonsales.com/inewt.htm . Personally,
> it's a little pricey though...

That's usually the case regarding pricing. Especially if your adding a
feature to the Newton and it costs as much or more than the unit
itself.

One other thought would be to purchase a NIC Connector and fabricate
your own adapter. I wish I had the facilities to do this type of
fabrication cause I enjoy tinkering alot. But the NIC Connectors are a
bit pricey, when you do find them and then there is the need to used a
good soldering iron for the fine detailed work. Also for me I'd want
to solder a PCB to the NIC Connector myself so I can actually build a
docking setup which encompasses the Audio In/Out with the other
features such as the FreeDock, but since I've got a FreeDock that's
been a low priority completing my Docking Sled...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung