Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Florian Mosleh <indigo_at_13th-floor.org>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 21:43:09 EDT

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:13:11PM -0500, Jim Felder wrote:

> What I think I'll do is reinstall Virtual PC for the Mac and try the
> dos prompt/iconfig all trick you mentioned.
this might not work without driver support in OS X.

Here is an idea,

put the ethernet card into your newton and use a crossover cable to
connect it to the ethernet port on your mac. set the ip addresses of
both devices so they are on the same subnet (ie: 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2) and ping the newton from the terminal in the mac. once this
is done. type 'sudo arp -a' into the terminal. you'll have to provide
your password. arp will return the ipaddress of any device it believes
is attached to the interface and it's corresponding ip address.

cheers!

--
-[FLoriAN]   http://indigo.13th-floor.org -
key: wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net