Re: [NTLK] Newton to PC Serial with Dongle

From: Norman Palardy <npalardy_at_great-white-software.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 17:02:08 EDT

On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:08 PM, maynard@jmg.com wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Sonny Hung wrote:
>
>> Hmm, looks like I forgot to indicate that it likely was (now
>> definitely is) for OS9 only OR Classic...
>> :( too bad
>>

> I tried the palm adapter under OS 9 also. Even got it hooked up
> to my
> palm hoping the software download would drop an extension that
> would allow
> me to use it outside of the palm sync software. No luck.

The palm adapters are/were crap
We tried to use them for other purposes as well (like hooking up to
an XServe for admin purposes) and they were just crappy.
They could not be relied on to behave as a serial port at all.

The Keyspan adapters worked better, and the high speed Keyspan worked
flawlessly in every task we used them for including using it for
Palm sync