Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 100 with the jaggies?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 20:45:29 EDT

> My MP 100 responds weirdly to any action from the pen.
> Any action I do will show up 3 inches below whe I touched,
> so for instance, I have to tap the top part of the screen
> to get to the 'extras' drawer. Is this the jaggies, and
> what do I do?

I've never seen the jaggies on any machine other than a Newton
2000 or 2100. For a start, you should realign the pen. If you
have a misalignment afterwards, repeat the procedure, but tap with
a slight misalignment towards the same side. For example, if
the taps appear above the actual pen position, tap slightly above
the X when aligning.

If this doesn't fix things, you might want to take the Newton
apart and clean the area of the display below the edges of the
bezel.

Of course, trying a hard reset first wouldn't hurt.

Frank