[NTLK] contrast issues on my 2100...

From: Jim Trascapoulos <jtrascap_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 03:58:31 EDT

Hi all,

I just re-entered the Newton fold with a 2100 that I bought off eBay.
it's in great condition except that the backlight is neigh gone (time
to talk to the Germans next door) and the contrast control is all the
way down to as low as it can go. But even down that low, the screen
is smudging with contrast around the edges, which is a pity since the
screen is in excellent condition.

I thought I recalled a motherboard problem concerning contrast values
on the LCD - but I've not had a Newt for 8+ years and Google wasn't
much help. The ROM verison is 2.1 (717260)-1. The backlight is very
dim, so I don't know if this has much to do with it.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

- Jim