Re: [NTLK] Odd PC Card Issues

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 15:34:49 EDT

> I just scored 2 cards that have "issues"
> 1- a MAGIC RAM, "Solid State Card," Flash, "ATA FLASH CARD" just gets

> a "problem" notice (error -10582) in my 2100, and causes kernel panic

> on my OS.X.4 PowerBook (ouch);
> 2- An Apple Newton "Getting Started" card is described in my 2100 as
> being unformatted but locked - however, there is no physical switch
> to unlock it.

Not sure about the first card. The Getting Started card is not a card
that can be written or erased. It should add a couple of new icons to
your
extras folder, though, e. g. (if I remember correctly) a HWR practice
game.
If this does not happen, you might want to test the card in an 1x0
Newton
before you throw it away. I think these cards used to come with the OMP
and the MP100.

If this card isn't dead, I'd trade you a 20MB memory card for it if you
pay for shipping both ways. Unfortunately I gave my only one away a
couple
of years ago.

Cheers

Frank