[NTLK] "Le superflu, cette chose si nécessaire"

From: Andreas <MessagePad2000_at_laposte.net>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 12:13:51 EDT

Hi,

The Simpad is running CE 4.0; my Palm is a Vx. But, indeed, newer
devices handle the volatile memory issue better. I was just happy (or in
a state of complacency !) my Newton kept everything :-)

The Palm seemlessly syncs with the offspring of Claris Organizer (Palm
Desktop), so I carry it with me as a simple contact list.

I bought the Simpad out of curiosity, and use it for simple Web
browsing. It's screen is nice, it's a pity colour never made it to the
Newton...

My Newton is mainly used for mail (Mail V), note taking (Notes,
NewtonWorks, eBase), and ("Le superflu, cette chose si nécessaire"
Voltaire said) playing around (NPDS, barcode reader, EZ2TV card, BT,
WiFi, network printing, etc, etc : it keeps me going...)

Best regards,

Andreas

--
MessagePad 110, 130, 2000, 2100, eMate 300
<http://messagepad.free.fr>