Re: [NTLK] MP 2100/OSX Connection FRUSTRATIONS!

From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 13:00:20 EDT

>Sam, I have done something similar but not as Woody suggest with a
>modern PCMCIA slot.
>I have an old PowerMac 7200/120 that I have rigged up and put onto my
>network via the ethernet /Appletalk connection (I think that is what
>is there). I run OS 8.5 with 96MB RAM and it works fine as a SCSI
>scanning station (with an Apple colorOne 600/72) and also double speed
>CD burning (noisy and external). I run NCU and connect my MP2100 via
>the dongle /printer cable.

Hello!

  I agree. In my case, I feel fortunate that I already have an older Apple laptop, but it runs OS X. As such i am leaning more towards an older Macintosh, perhaps the Color Classic as it is somewhat newer Mac, had a color screen, and decent specs (please see: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=112200). Plus it has the right pin ports on the back, both for printers and modems and, with internet connection, I should not need a CD drive as I can just download NCU, etc.. Thoughts?

Thanks!