[NTLK] 20060826 Chicago Meetup (followup)

From: Eric Sinclair <esinclai_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 07:42:52 EDT

Tovi ( jmonll2@uic.edu ) and I met on Saturday to swap Newton tips
and bootstrap his new MP2000 with network and bluetooth drivers.

We had a fine time. The bootstrapping hindered slightly by the
lightweight documentation available for integrating QFWorks into
NewtonWorks and then upgrading it to current build level - this may
end up being a topic for the wiki, assuming we can either duplicate
or prove our success... But the conversation and coffee were good,
and Tovi walked away with a Newton more suited for his current needs.

Topics of conversation included nSync vs iSync, network drivers,
bicycle commuting in Chicago, the market of the Newton in the 2000s,
and cool Newton tools in general.

Our plan is to meet again in a few weeks, once Tovi's received the
Pico BT card from Adriano he ordered. I'm keen to see it in action
(and then consider my own purchase of same). We'll announce on list
in case any area newtoneers want to join us.

-Eric

--
esinclai@pobox.com                           aim/skype: esinclai
http://www.kittyjoyce.com/eric/log/    jabber: esinclai_at_gmail.com