Re: [NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 20:25:01 EDT

Tim please forgive me as I am not trying to take over your thread, but I am also having difficulties trying to get a Lucent WaveLAN Gold card to work in my MP2100. I too have read what I can find and I seem to find it piecemeal and not clear.

  However I am not nearly as far along as you. How did you get the drivers from Hirochi's Newton/WaveLAN page (http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm)? The only things that download are .sit files which i cannot get onto my Newton. As a note, I have Newton Internet, NIE Ethernet, NIE LocalTalk, NIE Modem & Serial, Internet Setup, and Serial 230400 on my 2100.

  How did you get your Newton to show an Internet Setup with Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE? Mines shows no Lucent options. Thus, right now, my card is not recognized by my Newton when I plug it into the OCMCIA slot.

  How did you discern what your SSID should be? What about WAP, how did you set this as I saw now option for doing so?

  Any help to at least get started would be most appreciated.