Re: [NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Cerebus <cerebus2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 22:57:43 EDT

On 8/28/06, Tony Kan <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I too read around and from the feedback it seemed that the Newton seemed to work
> best with Netgear equipment and the Orinoco cards so I purchased a WG602 and a
> gold orinoco card. Followed the instructions and it worked for me so it IS
> possible. Did it twice, once on the MP2100 and once on an Emate. Hang in
> there.

Unfortunately the only WAPs I have are Apple Airports--one white, one
Extreme. Apple's WAPs are pretty good re: standards, and the Lucent
cards were the freakin' reference implementation for 802.11b. So I'm
kinda stumped as to why it won't work.

I might be able to borrow a Cisco AP1200 from work, but that's more
than I really want to have to go through.

However, since I now have the same symptoms on multiple different sets
of hardware--client station cards and WAPs both--I'm left with only my
software & config as being at fault. But for the life of me I don't
know what I'm doing wrong.

-- Tim