Re: [NTLK] Cleaning Corrosion in Newt?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 23:30:01 EDT

On 8/28/06, Sam Jacobson <jacobson98@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Regretfully, though, the corrosion is the blue color (much like copper sulfate). I am hopeful that something as simple as some isopropyl alcholo/water solution and the long Q-tips will work...

Hi Sam,

Where in blazes are you located?
If you're close by maybe one of us on list can take a look at it first
hand and help out with it's cleaning.

I'm under the impression that it might be best to take the back case
off then remove the battery guide plate off to get easy access to the
battery contacts for the Newton (I'm assuming it's the Eject
Spring/Battery Contact that's seem corroded by what you describe...

I would suggest the take apart route so you get a better viewing of
the problem so you can resolve the issue appropriately.... and the
disassemble is pretty easy for most... Just follow Frank well written
guide to dis assembly for the MP2x00.

Much success to you.

And if in the NE USA (NYC) you can contact me about this...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung