Re: [NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Cerebus <cerebus2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 07:59:22 EDT

On 8/28/06, Martin Joseph <NT@stillnewt.org> wrote:
> If you have MoreWIFI installed, try removing that, as it sometimes
> gets in the way...

OK, we have what I'll call partial success. I removed MoreWifi
(actually, I just filed it on a flash card and ejected it :) and
retried with the borrowed Orinoco Silver, and it connected to my WLAN
3 out of 4 tries. On the fourth I was still connected to my
neighbor's.

I can connect to Escale manually, but not via
zeroconf/Rendezvous/Bonjour. This is annoying, but not a serious
problem. And Escale crashed, leaving an open socket handle I had to
reboot to clear...

So the question still remains--what magic incantation do I need for
the Netgear MA401?

-- Tim