Re: [NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 13:54:24 EDT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 6:07 AM, Woody Smith wrote:

> I found several references to the Netgear MA401 in the Archives It
> was reported as working prior to Morewifi and is listed as working
> with Morewifi, it seems that there are more than one chip set.

Hmmm, yes that seems to be my theory also (multiple chipsets made
available under the same part number).

Did you try using it without moreWIFI? Just on a lark?

> It may be that yours will not work.
I agree.

> I would get an Orinoco, since that works with your WLAN.

I have basically used this theory also. I have a couple of Silvers
and a couple of golds.

If you have access to any old Apple stuff, the old "graphite" airport
bases, which had a tendency to die, contain a Wavelan silver card...

Marty