Re: [NTLK] Experience with NewtSync and a suggestion

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 01:31:00 EDT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:00 PM, Javier Monllor wrote:
<snip>

> In my case, sync only worked with addresses, Clock and calendar
> (although I had to stop syncing the calendar because of all the
> duplicated entries.)

Newtsync really isn't a ready for primetime program, although the
text sync plugin seems to work pretty well based on the feedback on
the list...

It doesn't work very well for addressbook syncing, unless you have a
super simple setup.

It is available as an open source project, and I think some work as
been done, but not enough....

Escale also isn't a finished product. Also waiting for contributors
(or a contributor).

Oh well,
Marty