Re: [NTLK] [OT] Coffee & the Newt [was "Re: 2010?"]

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 20:31:54 EDT

On 8/31/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is another part of the terrible tragedy of not having the use of my
> "Extras"; I've had to fall back on using other means to time my cafetiere.
> :(

Hmm, so Christian,

Because of this issue you are unable to change the display from
portrait to landscape then? I assume this since you can not access
extras right?

I'm wondering if you were to backup your Newton onto a flash card.
Then if you had a second flash card which had a backup made of another
same model Newton (but having the backup made when the Newton was in
Landscape mode) restoring this backup and all it's settings - I wonder
how the Digitizer would work - would it still be that off on the lower
half of the screen to just the right portion of the screen now that
it's in landscape mode.

Not sure if you have tried this before but I would be interested in
knowing the results before you have any attempt made at fixing
anything such as cleaning the contacts or the debris under the lip...

I've not followed this thread too closely so if you have mentioned
this before I likely have missed it totally... but was just thinking
aloud...

Sorry for the digression back to the alignment issue..

Oh and back to the current topic of this thread... coffee is not my
preferred drink of choice. I now prefer Ice Green Tea with Mango
Extract and Tapioca Balls...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung