[NTLK] Rugby offers path to resolution

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 12:46:07 EST

> On 2006/12/01, at 02:38, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:
>
> > From: knowtree@aloha.com
> > Subject: Re: [NTLK] hopefully not too [OT] for some...
> > Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:58:32 HST
> >
> >> My suggestion - no problem with asking for encouragement & good
> >> wishes, and I certainly enjoy the opportunity to give any that is
> >> asked of me, but it would be less OT (and potentially off-putting to
> >> some list members) if the responses were given privately, off-list
> >> (it's very do-able, and hardly any extra work)...
> >
> > I agree in principle. However, groups like this often gather for
> > one reason
> > only to benefit from all sorts of unrelated discussion. This group
> > is in
> > the short time I've been hanging around especially pleasent and
> > compassionate; I can't imagine a better group in which to discuss just
> > about anything. Heated disputes and flames should definitly go off-
> > list.
> >
> > For tomorrow, be prepared to discuss the age old conflict between
> > Christianity and Islam, at least as far back as 1095, when Pope
> > Urban II in
> > effect created the first crusade that culminated in the massacre of
> > Jerusalem, up to America's role today in the Middle East.
> >
> > Heh. Just kidding.
> >
> > Gary
>

> The conflict begins way, way back... As far as the VIII Century, with
> the invasion of the Visigoth reign at the Iberian Peninsula by the
> Saracens, the batlle of Poitiers where Carlos Martel stalled the
> invasion, the conquering by the Saracens of the North Africa, Egipt,
> and the midlle Eastern from the Byzantine Empire...
>
> Daniel Lemos

  +----------+
  | |
  | | <-- white flag, waving
  | |
  +----------+

Saracens? I didn't realize the Guinness Premiership was so old. Or, for
that matter, that anyone besides Brits played rugby back in the 8th century.

Here's a hoot: The Saracens home field is at Vicarage Road!

Vicarage = a Vicar's house

Vicar = a parson, esp. in England.

Let's consider that an example of how nautual law prefers harmony over
conflict.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
MP110, MP2100