Re: [NTLK] Considering Newton as eBook Reader

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 08:54:15 EST

The Newton 2100 can do what you propose, it can convert an HTML
document into a Newton book via NewtsCape and ethernet. NewtsCape
can format the book to be read on newtons other than the one that
created it so you could use the 100 series as the reader. Though it
is possible to do more, try to keep the document size down to 100 to
125 pages for the sake of speed. Large documents and images can be
quite perplexing to the Newton so practice with smaller documents.
For plain text or word processing documents use Newton Press

NewtsCape is capable of connecting to the web directly or to your Mac
(using personal web sharing), via ethernet.

You will need to get the Newton ethernet ready.

See wikiwikinewt link at the bottom of each ntlk email for

"newton book"
"Macos connection"

Woody