Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac SE cracking

From: George Coyne <gwcoyne_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 14:13:09 EST

You can get a 6-inch T-15 from Sears. That will reach those screws at
the top. You don't really need a special tool to "crack" the case. I
had one of those back in 1984 but I have opened classic Macs without
the tool for years. Place the Mac screen side down on a cushioning
surface (towels for instance). Remove the four screws. Thump the case
with your open hands on both sides of the case simultaneously. Works
every time.

george