Re: [NTLK] eMate for my baby?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 17:22:21 EST

On 12/13/06, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
> Legal are concerns are avoided this way:
> once you write it,
> don't sell it -
> don't even distribute it for free.
> If you want to be risky, "for free" is safer.

Well I would suggest that I think it's an item to discuss with the
Developer of NSBasic really... I recently purchased my license and
transferred the license into my name from the original owner... I
understand that for someone looking it's tough and purchasing a used
license is really the way to go... since the use is really limited and
for $99 it's a hefty price to pay...

I would have asked the developer if I really considered loaning my
copy out to see what they thought. I would have loaned my Newton with
the software on it to program with... not provide the software... I'm
thinking they would say no to this and I would abide...

Distribution is a no no. It's listed in the license agreement...

Well, I think if I were to give it away for FREE it would be fine as
long as I transfer the license. Anything else would be inappropriate.

Selling is fine from what I know since when I contact NSBasic they
allowed me to transfer the license, but the seller has to give up his
license and destroy any copies of the software from what I understand.

I don't quite under stand the statement of Once you write it...

Anyway I still suggest eBay as I've seen it there a few times. BUT,
buyer beware... you need to have the license code AND you need (I
think) to know who the original licensee was to transfer the
license... this is something to check in with the eBay seller and also
with NSBasic...

I could be wrong and I would suggest checking with NSBasic again of
these matters.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung