[NTLK] Newton question/Newton legacy

From: Alan <gomphos_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 18:55:40 EST

Hello all!

        Does anyone know of an application that will close a date-calendar
selection window (as well as city/country windows)
  once you click a selection? it seems un-Apple-like to have to select
your city and then close the window.

        By the way, I don't know how many on the list are Apple fans (in light
of the Newton's being "Steved"), but I look at the Newton as a sign of
hope that Apple could survive beyond Steve. I am a great admirer of
Apple's way of doing things and I like to think that it's more than
just a cult of personality. Just as there is a Newton community, so is
there a Mac community, and I think that a collective chill went through
that community when Steve announced that he had cancer. Although I of
course wish him many more happy years, the Newton proves that Apple has
the potential to endure without him. And the world needs its Apples,
its NeXTs, its Newtons, if only to up the ante for the other players.

        Anyway, that's just my two cents' worth. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's
potatoes.

        Thank you.

- Alan