Re: [NTLK] New user question about CF cards

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 00:00:37 EST

On 12/14/06, James Wages <james@kiramek.com> wrote:
> I must therefore agree with Mr. Speake in that (a) ATA Support is in need of
> an update, and (b) ATA Support would have more interest (cash-paying buyers)
> if it was updated at least once a year -- ONCE A Y-E-A-R! That is by no
> means asking much in light of the fact an update was quite clearly promised
> to me 3 years ago by the author of ATA Support. (And I do NOT want to hear
> any, "Well, the man's been busy, you see..." excuses either.)

James,

I'm not a programmer, but one thing really to ask Paul is, 'how much
more improvement is possible with the ATA Driver... really and
realistically...'

I'd think that due to the Newton Being a dead platform we have to
think within the confines of the hardware as you touched upon by your
comment. An appropriate action would be to contact Paul directly to
see what his thoughts are on this matter as this banter of an 'Update
is due' like the banter from supporters really can't answer your
inquiry of a future update...

I would hope Paul could shed some light on this matter privately to
you and the others who feels so or possibly a public announcement
about it would be nice...

Really, ATA is not going to get any faster in my thinking and Flash PC
Cards are faster and still at the higher capacities they are known to
slow down... but only Paul will be able to difinitely answer this
question.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung