Re: [NTLK] newton 100

From: Joel M. Sciamma <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 20:23:52 EST

Gladys,

> i will be given a newton 100 that was stored with the battery on. the
> battery is drained, no form to charge it. can somebody help me with
> this?

The first thing will be to see if the batteries have leaked and
corroded the contacts.

It is very unlikely that the battery pack will be salvageable so it
will either be a matter of putting new cells in (which is tricky) or
better, finding an MP100 battery cage that will allow you to use
either disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries which are
charged externally (better and faster than charging them internally).

Let us know what you find when you receive the Newt.

Joel.