Re: [NTLK] Interconnect / serial

From: Mathew Howe <mhowe_at_gfn.org>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 09:23:00 EST

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 Mr Jonathan Dueck wrote:
>2) In the meantime, should I stop using my keyboard, or would I be (relatively) safe to file down the pins on the Interconnect serial dongle and use it, for a few weeks?

I have used a keyboard pretty much daily on first one 2100 and then my current 2100 for nearly 4 years with no adverse effects. I had the kkeyboard with my 120 but rarely used it. Whe I got my first 2100 it developed the jaggies rather quickly so I used the keyboard almost exclusivly. I even carried it in my Newton bag and would whip it out in stores and the like. My new 2100 works perfectly but I still use the keyboard when ever I'm at my desk as it is convenient.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
mhowe@gfn.org
Sent from a Newton 2100 via SimpleMail