Re: [NTLK] serial port

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 02:38:58 EST

Adriano <adriano.angelillis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Stephen,
>
> usb won't work using the setup you had in mind, sorry.
>
> You could instead use bluetooth connectivity on devices like the
> MP2100 and eMate instead.

Please expand on this comment. I have never used bluetooth, but I
understand it provides a wireless protocol for connecting hardware, and
that linking cell phones to PCs is one popular application. The part I
don't get is how a bluetooth link to a cell phone brings TCP/IP to a
Newton. File transfers I can understand, but not Internet service such as
is provided by slip/ppp.

I admit I have much to learn about my MP2100, but I am loving it!

Gary Dunn
Honolulu