Re: [NTLK] Lucent Wavelan Turbo Silver - success!

From: andrewfox_at_mac.com
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 23:55:38 PST

Hi,

Couldn't have said it any better than Paul so I didn't waste bandwidth.

This is exactly the setup I use for my wireless Newtoning. The big
advantage?

You can use Hiroshi's driver as it comes and with the current un-
availability of registration for this driver it means you can keep
wireless alive on your Newton.

The major issue is that the majority of wireless hotspots require
either WEP and/or WPA to be enabled but most also use SSL encrypted
web pages for registering access so your stuffed anyway;-)

I sincerely hope that registering becomes available again as I think
every Newton user who has a wireless card should register.

regards
Andrew