Re: [NTLK] (No Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:17:33 -0800

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 23:17:38 PST

On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Darak Hollis wrote:

> Okay, I finally got my Newton to connect via serial-to-usb! This is
> strange, some of the packages on unna.org show code only, some
> packages will download, but come installation time NCU won't even
> show some pkgs as even an option to install. Furthermore, all of a
> sudden, for seemingly no reason at all my Newton won't connect, it
> says"The serial port is already in use". Nothing changed, it worked
> last night, took my Newton to work, plued it in when I got home, it
> connected, then tried to install and nothing. Are Newtons just
> problematic like this?

Not at all. Your description of problems above seems to indicate some
problem with your methods. Packages should download reliably and if
they are typed correctly (ie Mac style type and creator codes are set
right (see packtype)) they should install reliably as well.

Try looking at packtype to get your packages to appear for installation.

Marty