Re: [NTLK] emate wlan?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 14:28:03 PST

On 2/6/06, Eric Engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dozens of wlan cards, strange standards, and several software solutions
> force me to ask a question:
> I have an emate. Frank Gruendel kindly preloaded it with NIE etc. when he
> did his reconditioning of the hinges. So, I figured, I would just be able
> to pop in a lucent orinoco gold wlan card.
>
> EMate says "card not recognized".
>
> The card is a lucent technologies toshiba branded wlan. Two numbers: one
> on the front is pa3064u-1pcc
> and on the back
> pc24e-h-fc
> mac addresss 00022d641201
> encryption 128RC4
> 5 v.
> 16 bit

Eric,

Goto Paul's site http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/
and download Card Card Info

You will need to run this and provide the info to Paul which he will at his
in available time frame be able to add your card to the list and make it
function properly IF it's just a Manufacturer Branded Gold WaveLALN card as
my Compaq Cards were.

After/If Paul is able to update MoreWiFi with your cards info then with ALL
the needed NIE, Network Drivers, Hiroshi's WiFi Driver and MoreWiFi
installed (updated of course with your cards info) then you will be able to
use it ...

(I'm not sure if you need Lantern but I don't think so...)

In anycase read Paul's site to clarify any errors in my post.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung