Re: [NTLK] Dead Newton Lives!

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 10:21:14 PST

> I have a feeling that it is my charger that is the problem. When I have it plugged in with the rechargable batteries it doesn't seem to be recharging. When I open up Battrax the status of the battery shows "discharging" and the charge current is not consistent, constantly jumping from about 1.2mA to about 2.5mA. I guess the other possibility is that the battery pack is shorted somehow. I have my old power supply from my 120, so I'll see if that makes a difference. As I recall, it won't "fast charge" the 2100 but it should slow charge the battery fine.

It is probably your battery rather than charger. Also there have been
times when the battery went dead and even still wouldn't start up by
removing the battery and plugging in the adapter. This is sometimes
referred to as "deep sleep". The 1x0 models also were prone to this at
times. The best way to fix this is to remove the batteries, plug in the
AC adapter, remove all cards, and then press (and hold) the reset button
on the back until you hear the start up sound. If this does not work
then the procedure is to remove all power and let it set overnight (as
you did).

Frank has a better and more detailed instructions on his site which Paul
posted.

-Dan