Re: [NTLK] the Tablet Rumor arises AGAIN!

From: KL (vib.roy4s_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 12:46:56 PST

> I don't think Apple is going to be making a tablet PC. They've got
> a good
> thing going with millions of people shelling out lots of money for
> incremental hardware and software updates since 1998.
>
> Remember, a corporation's ultimate responsibility is to its
> shareholders, and
> shareholders want to make money. New funky interfaces are not
> required to
> make money. A good business model like the paragraph above, though...

agreed, though it should be noted that Apple fulfills that
responsibility is by selling innovative products.

Apple must address the growing treat from Tablet PC's to continue to
make money & I think its justified to speculate on a new tablet.
The problem with Tablet PC's is that they are horribly designed. A
desktop type interface is not appropriate for that purpose and I'm
amazed that MS is content with sticking XP on there.

Taking risks is how the biggest payoffs come and I don't see this as
a bad one. If Apple put out a tablet similar to one in the video,
they just made one sale right here.