[NTLK] [FS] Rare DVT Newton for sale

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 13:21:33 PST

Hi all

Decided I have way too much Newton stuff just sitting around doing
nothing, and with a daughter to fund through university in the UK, I
may need the money!

So I'm selling a rare MP2000 DVT unit in fine working order. It has
screen lid, door clips, rubber feet and port door all in place, a
decent backlight and a load of interesting packages on board. It comes
with a replacement stylus, but no battery pack - so you'll need to
supply that or a battery tray yourself. Tested today and it works fine
via an AC adapter.

The case reads MessagePad bottom front, and there is some wear to the
surface around there. The screen is generally good but with one or two
wear marks.

The back features a label reading "Apple Computers Stockley Park" and a
barcode with the number C006596" underneath. There's another warning
about which adapter to use with the unit, and a MessagePad DVT message
  further up, saying the unit isn't licensed etc

I have some photos I've taken which I'm happy to mail to anyone
interested - off-list of course.

This is a rare and collectable item for Newton enthusiasts, so I'd
invite sensible offers off-list to russbravo at lineone dot net. The
winning offer will also receive a 20mb memory card (yay!). I'd also
consider trading it for a clear Newton 110 :)

I'll mail it anywhere in the world at cost - probably GB 5-10 depending
on insurance.

cheers

Russ, UK

Howcome we've put a man on the moon, yet we've only recently decided
it's a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

There is no word in the language of the porcupine for waterbed