Re: [NTLK] CF card adapter

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 06:39:39 PST

On 2/14/06, Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> andy bloom wrote:
> > Would you all be so kind as to recommend a brand/model of CF card
> > adapter to fit either a MP 130 or MP2K? I'm sure there are bound to
> > be glitches in the Matrix with various types. Manythanks... andybloom
>
> Actually, all CF -> PCMCIA adapters are the same. CF is electrically
> compatible to PCMCIA, the adapter just remaps the pins.

Victor,

I'm not sure if ALL PCMCIA CF Adapter will work with the Newton.
My personal experience is that a Type I wil NOT work by a Type II will. (I'm
not sure what's the difference - I'll test it out again to see if that's
still the case. - BUT the Type I does work with my Wallstreet so I'm a bit
puzzled about it)

Link to my Flickr page with a picture of the Viking PCMCIA to CF Adapter
Type II that I use.
http://flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/98089614/in/set-72057594062835904/

Link to where I purchased mine from, 'eCost' (not connected with them at all
- just wanted to point out that they have great deals at times for certain
items that I wouldn't want to pass up - they are cheap as I look at it now
it's only $6.94 ... I think it was $7.99 when I purchased it...
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail~dpno~33952.asp

HTH

--
God bless,