Re: [NTLK] WiFi and more

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 18:47:43 PST

On 2/15/06, Tim Wilson <me_at_knipdlo.com> wrote:

> I tried using Nethopper, and it kindly informed me that NIE (Newton
> Internet Enabler) is not installed. I do not have a Powerbook, but I
> do know someone with a 233MHz Wallstreet for sale..If I could borrow
> it, how would I go about installing what I need to use an ethernet
> card? I know the PB has OS 9.2.1 on it (its for sale for $100- would
> it be worth buying as a newton connection device?)

Tim,

I'm a bit biased... but I think the Wallstreet is the best option for anyone
wanting to connect and use with a Newton.
I've finally got my fully decked out with 512MB (finally, ugh... but now
working) and it's a joy to use with the Newton in my opinion..
I've got the full gamut of Newtons and it's much easier IMO to connect since
it has a built-in serial and other than needing the Dongle for the
MP2000/2100 every other Newton connects straight with a Serial Male/Male
cable (I think it's a serial printer cable).

I got my with a 2333mHz with cache and a 14" screen for $140 so I think
depending on what's included it's a good price...

I'll eventually try OS X 10.2.x (I think that's as high as a Wallstreet will
do)....

I'm also learning about Macs so I can help with simple items, but others are
more likely to assist with more difficult questions.
Got to run can carve a little time to get an item completed for someone on
list before the little one wakes up again... HTH...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung