Re: [NTLK] [OT] OSX on Wallstreet

From: flying canoe ltd (peter_at_flyingcanoe.com)
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 22:51:31 PST

on 17/02/2006 6:57 AM, Eric Engle at engleerica_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does OSX run terribly slowly? Does installing OSX require wiping the hard
> drive clean? One other reason I got it is it has useful licensed software.

Yes it's slow. I've run Panther 10.3.9 on pismos with 640mb ram and 60GB
HD's and on those it felt ok for email and word and excel. like an iBook
500. Installs take forever as it grinds away doing prebinding and
optimising. however there is no escaping the slow bus and slow video. I'd
do it if you have plenty of RAM.

> Anyway if anyone knows how to get a USB hard drive to run on a wallstreet
> os 9 tell me, or where there are OS X instructions (supposedly the hdd would
> be autorecognized under osx. I want to believe).

Try the USB Mass Storage drivers for OS 9:

regards

--
             * * * * * * * * *
             peter rhodes