Re: [NTLK] New eMate Owner - Hinge Repair

From: Keith Owen (keyth.owen_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 07:23:57 PST

Seeing as I already ordered some things from you last week (memory
upgrade, wireless card), I appreciate that offer! I realize the memory
card isn't going to make the eMate a blazing fast PowerBook-killer, but
I'd like to be able to research some simple web sites and write some
large word processing files without choking!

I only heard about Wegener's reputation once joining the list, but I
guess I'm going to have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this
one and hope they come through for me. I'll know soon enough, I
suppose.

Either way, Knowledge Navigator, if you haven't shipped my items yet
(same PayPal email as this one on the list), then perhaps we can make
this easier for both of us, and I can ship the eMate to you and you can
ship it all- the orders plus the altered eMate- back to me in one
shipment. I can't afford to add the speed boost right now (I already
gave you all my spending money this month for the memory and WiFi!) but
I'd be relieved to have someone with some experience do the hinge
repair.

(BTW- I *am* interested in the speed boost, though! It sounds like a
great mod! I just know I'll really need that memory upgrade, and as
that's on first-come-first-served basis, I thought I should jump on
that while they're still available.)

So how should we arrange this?