Re: [NTLK] New eMate owner- Hinge repair, and more...

From: Keith Owen (keyth.owen_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 07:56:26 PST

Alas, I only read about Wegener on the list last night, and I ordered
last week! I can only hope they do good by me, and that reports of
their bad service were isolated incidents. I'll give them a chance.

I know the eMate won't match a PowerBook, and that's fine. I just want
to have something that lets me type on the go in a decent word
processor, and do the occasional web search for fact-checking online
references (wikipedia, dictionary, etc.) while I'm at a coffee shop.
I'll even be happy if I don't get the wireless web-surfing, as long as
the word processing is decent.

Besides, I have a backup plan! I found a bargain-bin PowerBook 1400cs
($16) and with a little TLC and tinkering, I may get some use out of
it.

I just like the idea of the eMate because of battery life, durability,
and instant-on. The eMate was inexpensive, too- Even with upgrades. I
also know I like the Newton OS because it's straightforward and gets
the job done.