Re: [NTLK] ]MP2100 internet over ethernet: Roundup?

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 07:14:03 PST

I might not be the best person to answer this but I have mine operating.

I have it set to Manual
Subnet, IP, Gateway and two DNS server addresses are all entered manually.
The gateway is the address of my router (D-Link hardware, previously a PC
running WinRoute)
I have the Domain name set to my home network workgroup.

I have the following packages loaded:
Atlan (Atlanv8.pkg, driver for my IBM based Ethernet card)
Newton Devices (NewtDev.pkg Newton Ethernet driver)
Newton Internet Enabler (Be sure to install NIE 2.0)
NIE Ethernet Module (EnetSup.pkg)

I followed the instructions posted on the WikiwikiNewt site:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/EthernetDrivers

And that's how it works for me.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Karel Jansens wrote:
<snip>
So I take it nobody has a hint or an answer on what to do if a
Messagepad will not connect to a dedicated router over ethernet?
<snip>