[NTLK] ELM323 interface idea (Here's a possible alternative route to pursue)

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 09:38:27 PST

That sounds like an interesting project idea.
Perhaps there is another route that you could investigate?

The company which originally made the Newton eMate Scientific Test Kit and its related hardware still (I believe) sells the various test probes and the eMate interface hardware module. Could there possible be a way to feed engine analyzer outputs into this interface module and then tweak the software to allow for graph displays of functions? Just an idea for you to think about...

Matt K.

"I'm thinking an ELM323 interface software, to read car
troublecodes and sensor data, maybe continuous logging for later
analysis as well. Not quite sure about what I could implement in NSBasic."