Re: [NTLK] Newton Messagepad 120 Upgrade

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 00:53:06 EST

If you find 130/120 with the 2.0 OS on it, just use that one instead! No sense taking things apart if you don't have to!
  Besides, the 130 is a better machine anyway...backlight and more heap space and all...in fact, other than the speed, I prefer the 130 to a 2000! (although not the 2100...)
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
Wolfie <kissmyash933@gmail.com> wrote:
  Ok all, I'm still here, but I might become alot more active soon.
As some of you know, a while ago i bought 2 Newton 120's and a bunch
of accessories off of ebay for $48 USD
They had os 1.3 on them, After i found out how bad 1.3 is i decided i
would use my newt for eBooks I have put together thousands of ebooks
with newton press.

Anyway's my mom's boyfriend works for the school board of manatee
county and says that At palmetto el. they have a closet full of newton
stuff they don't use and they dont have PR stickers on them.

So, if he gets me all of they're newton stuff that they havent used in
over 6 years. and i find one that has 2.x on it like a 130/120 (i
might get lucky and get a free 2000 or 2100)
how would i go about upgrading my current one to 2.0?

Thank's Alot!

--
Blake Hanes
Aim: Kissmyash933