Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail or MailV?

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 03:15:18 EST

On Feb 25, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Geoffery Forest wrote:

> Wow, immediately after mailing this, I read some more on the
> simplemail/mailv website and saw that simple mail does indeed support
> pop, and that mail v is the successor to simple mail. Now I feel dumb.
Not at all, just impatient. As you have explained Mail V is a follow
on to simplemail that does IMAP, which is considered better then pop
in some areas. MailV didn't initially support POP at all, so simple
mail remained the choice for many. Now MailV does it all!

> Well, the question about sending a sketch still stands...
You can use simplemail and MailV to send Newton sketches as gifs, or
jpegs (I forget which). Just pay close attention to the options when
selecting this.
> and the bit
> about gmail but I think I know how that's going to go...
I think your forwarding of mails to another server (without SSL) is
about the best you will do with this.

Marty