[NTLK] eMate Battery Project

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 11:46:49 PST

I replaced my old worn-out standard-issue eMate battery pack with a new
4 x AA Battery Holder available for about a buck each here:
http://www.TinyUrl.com/cz515

This allows me to use standard "removable" NiMH batteries. See photos.
I ended up using RadioShack 2500 mAH [thats about double the original
rechargeable battery life] batteries. I carefully saved and used the
thermistor from the old battery pack in the new one.

To see photos and for a step by step account of my project I have
documented the procedure here:
http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/eMateBatts.jpg

My eMate seems to be very happy now that it no longer needs to be
leashed to an external power supply ;-)
Free at last!

John