Re: [NTLK] Handwriting recognition tips for Newton 2s

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 05:02:15 PST

On 1/7/06, Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de> wrote:

> > if you define the string "bul" to expand into "< return >< opt-8 ><
> space >" (option-8 is the bullet character ),
>
> to work (would help greatly my list keeping). When I try to pull
> this one, writing "bul" don't give me a new list item but literally
> "< return >< opt-8 >< space >". What am i getting wrong?

Marcus, it appears that you entered the text as written, but this is not
what you do. The words in the carets, namely: < > are identifiers of other
keys, namely the return key the number 8 key with the option key also held
down and then the space key. You can, of course, type these on the tiny
virtual keyboard that is there when you are creating the shortcuts. So, you
would type "bul" tap the "Expand" button, and then type the return key, the
option key, and then the 8 key, and then the space key. Then you type.....
bother, I forget, but I think you get the idea. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland