Re: [NTLK] Notes enhancements

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 10:32:34 PST

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 09:43:08AM +0100, Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
> At 05:09 09.01.2006, you wrote:
> >On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 01:56:51PM +0000, andy bloom wrote:
> >> Are there (m)any enhancement pkgs for Notes. What would be nice would
> >> be formatting of some sort or other.
> >> In addition, what does the 'Small Extras' add?
> >
> >BigNotes was nice to use, but caused problems backing up my Newton.
> >YMMV.
>
> How so?

NCU would fail when encountering large notes during backup to a Mac. So
long as the notes were all below the typical size limit, it would work.
If something grew bigger, then the backup encountering the bigger note
would cause NCU to hang, and the backup would (obviously) fail. Card
backups worked fine.

--
Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy,
A kid will eat ivy too, wouldn't you?