[NTLK] NCU success! now what... (was: NCU and AppleTalk, no joy)

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 20:06:00 PST

    [...]
    me> I'll try another reset and see what I can figure out, but so far
    me> this has been an exercise in frustration particularly because I
    me> can't figure out what lets it get so close one time and not
    me> another and why it never makes it all the way....

Success! But it doesn't seem to have been the reset, rather I restarted
classic and presto! It connected. I've been playing with both MP2100s
at this point and am able to get both of them to connect with the
wireless card. So, I've done the brain-dump from one and am trying to
restore to the other.

But...let me ask the obvious question to do a "proper" restore, one
normally does a brain wipe. But once I do the brain wipe, how do I
restore apart from the serial connection which I am working *very* hard
to avoid. So long as I have two Newtons, I can bootstrap the
connectivity (NIE and friends) to the second one then restore. But
since the one is supposed to be a spare, if my primary one dies, I can't
really brain wipe the spare and then restore. Presumably sticking it in
a drawer with the bootstrap packages will be fine.

Does that sound reasonable?

regards,

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court