Re: [NTLK] Getting Newton data into Einstein

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 09:21:46 PST

On 19-Jan-06, at 7:21 AM, Michael C. Wittmann wrote:

> I read your post a few days ago. It answered one of my questions
> (which I should have recalled before asking again), namely the
> hardware communication. It didn't answer the second question, which
> was if there was a way to get Newton data INTO the Einstein system.

Currently, this part of the equation is not there. If you run Einstein
under OS X, you can drag and drop packages onto the Einstein window to
install them - it's a pretty slick way of doing installations. Sadly,
this is not available on the other platforms as yet.

Import and export of data is going to depend on when Paul & Co. get
communication working between Einstein and the host file system.

> I recognize that it's a work in progress, but I'd been wondering if the
> developers had some trick floating around that I hadn't heard.

Oh, I'm sure that something will surface sooner or later.

> As it is, I remain astonished that it's now running on three separate
> platforms. Holy cow! I wish I had any inkling of programming skills
> or the time to learn them in order to help out with the project.

Four platforms, if you include Victor's PepperPad.

g.