Re: [NTLK] Using newtsync 0.3.3

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 06:54:53 PST

I realize that accounts of successful efforts with NewtSync 0.3.3
would be more useful, but perhaps my report of another unsuccessful
attempt will at least be comforting. I tried to use NewtSync 0.3.3
with the help of teams of people in a Mac user group and then one
very helpful member of this group. All efforts failed. In my case, I
believe the evidence points to corruption in otherwise functioning
data on the Newton gumming up the synch efforts. Handwriting in the
telephone fields; notes connected to address cards; and prior use of
Action Names were all suspects. But, when the data was taken out of
Action Names and the offending cards were deleted, the problem
persisted. At bottom line, I got to synch about 20 names before it
persistently crashed. None of the Calendar soup ever got synched.

If you do find a solution, please report it here. That's the reason
I've been lurking here since switching over to the Treo.

-- Richard