Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL no longer supported

From: Morgan Aldridge (makkintosshu_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 08:47:39 PST

That's very unfortunate. DCL has the most potential to keep the
Newton working with today's technologies while still using the older
technologies (it's great that you really need very little
bootstrapping to get Escale to install onto a Newton).

I started to dig into the code to see what I could do to solve some
of the connection issues I was having, but I was not (and still am
not) versed enough in the Newton side of things to get anywhere.

Of course, I as for support about as often as I read manuals. But
maybe I should have asked for some pointers and actually gotten
somewhere instead of giving up. Maybe if more people did that the
Open Source Newton community could flourish (dare I say "could have
flourished.")

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant_at_makkintosshu.com